Team Registration and Requirement for Season 5
1.1. A team must have an official Team Name and Team Logo.
1.2. Maximum members: A team can have maximum 25 members excluding Extra
1.3. Minimum members: Team must consist of minimum 12 members.
1.4. Extra Members: Each team can add extra members.
1.5. Registration amount for a team belonging to the Institution/University from India is 37,249 INR only. (Including all charges)
1.6. Registration fee for a team belonging to the Institution/University from foreign is 600 USD only. (Including all charges)
1.7. Registration amount for each extra member will be 2,100 INR for Indian team & 40 USD only for foreign team. (inclusive of all charges).
1.8. Participating members of a team must belong to one college/institution. The participating team members must be pursuing an engineering degree or engineering diploma. 2019 pass out students are eligible to take part in this design challenge.
1.9. Minimum of 12 members must be present for the final event.
1.10. A team must designate one team captain, one team manager, three drivers and minimum one and maximum two faculty advisors.
1.11. It is mandatory for them to include at least 5 members from 2 nd or 3rd year or both.
It’s been an extraordinary voyage to Quad Bike Design Challenge, popularly known as QBDC. Learning to be at top most priority FMAE has been touching skies in the field of engineering education crosswise India.
QBDC is neither just name of an event, nor it’s a competition rather it’s a platform accorded by FMAE with a motive of learning, knowledge sharing, adventure, improvements and providing exposure in the field of engineering and technology.
With no time left for the 5TH Season to hit the deck. We would like to bring to your notice about the upcoming improvements and modifications in the rulebook, which have been made after deeply seated observation and long discussions. The changes are listed below: –
- Braking system: – Defined braking profile and the arrangements has been removed, now the teams are free to use any combination for effective and efficient braking.
- SES Sheet: – Submission of SES sheet is introducing for more optimize design, better material selection, and weight reduction.
- Brake Qualifying criteria: – Now to qualify the brakes, the Quad must either achieve all Four-wheel locking condition or it must stop in the defined safe distance.
- Hydration Pack: – it’s not just about fighting for winning the competition, it’s health and safety at the topmost priority. So, it’s been observed that driver’s do not take a proper schedule hydration at the time of endurance test and generally get dehydrated. Organizers have decided to make it compulsory from now on.
- Scoring: – So, its scoring at the end of the day that matters. Scoring for sales presentation and design evaluation is now been increased from 60 to 100 each.
- Penalties for late submission: – Penalties has been introduced in the rulebook for your reference.
- Engine: – Teams can use any engine with the maximum capacity of 250 CC. No modifications are allowed to be done.
- Prize Money:- To compensate for all your hard work, the prize money has been increased by the organizers to 2.5 Lakhs. Which will be further segregated into several categories.
Quad Bike Design Challenge (QBDC) is a student level off-road Atv bike design challenge. QBDC is a design challenge where all the participating teams should have high knowledge and exposure on designing and fabricating an ATV. We have a thick technical team comprising of 25 technical experts from various reputed industries throughout the nation. Both the educational experts and organizing committee ride with massive experience under their belt. You need to have a hand on experience to design an ATV keeping in mind all the various factors that come underway in the dynamic behavior that a vehicle manifests. Our technical team will make sure that all the teams running with low experience get all the required assistance to give a tough competition to all other teams. This project will last for 8-10 months and there will be no preliminary qualification round for this event. Teams can directly start the manufacturing process once they get themselves registered. Some documents will be asked for during the manufacturing phase which all the participating teams have to submit on time.